If you want to find out the secret to the perfect Rice Krispy, read more and try this recipe!
Wondering why you see pink sprinkles? I love to make this recipe when I go to baby showers because they are always a hit and the pink sprinkles make them super cute if your celebrating a baby girl!
- Difficulty: Easy
- Prep Time: less than 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
It seems like almost everyone has made this yummy dessert at least once before. You might not think there is a secret ingredient that takes Rice Krispies to the next level but give this recipe a try and you might change your mind!
This Rice Krispie recipe is so delicious and gooey combined with the perfect crunch!
Secrets to the perfect Rice Krispie
- I have always wanted to make my Rice Krispies stand apart and after trial and error, I discovered condensed milk is the secret!
- Condensed milk adds an extra level of creamy sweetness to the Rice Krispies and tastes so decadent. I always get questions asking what my secret is every time I being these to a party or event!
- When it comes to adding condensed milk, a little goes along way. I prefer to use a full 1/2 cup to reach the desired taste but 1/3 cup or a little less can provide this amazing taste as well.
- The second big secret to the most gooey and fluffy Rice Krispie treat are mini marshmallows!
- The trick is to add in the mini marshmallows at the very end once the Rice Krispy mixture is about to go in the dish. Once you add in the marshmallows, stir them quickly (not letting them fully melt), and then transfer mixture into a dish to cool.
- By having semi-melted marshmallow chunks makes the Rice Krispies extra gooey, gives a great texture, and gives that extra fluff we love to see in this marshmallow treat!
How to make Rice Krispies
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Once butter is melted, add in condensed milk, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt until combined.
- Once combined, add in large marshmallows until melted (stirring frequently).
- Next, add in Rice Krispies and toss until fully coated.
- Here comes the secret! Once the Rice Krispies are about to be done, incorporate the mini marshmallows, give them a quick stir and transfer mixture to a 9×9 dish before mini marshmallows fully melt.
- Once mixture is transferred into the dish, spread out mixture evenly, add sprinkles on top if desired, and place in fridge until cooled.
- Cut Rice Krispies into squares, serve and enjoy!