I love to snack throughout the day and when I want something sweet and healthy at the same time, I make these Banana Bites.
With the delicious bite from dark chocolate, creamy peanut butter and sweet banana, this will be your go to treat any time of year!
- Difficulty: Easy
Tips For Melting Chocolate
When it comes to melting chocolate using a double broiler, always remember to put the stove top on low to medium heat. All you want to do is bring the water to a simmer so you get gentle heat versus boiling the water and risking burning your chocolate.
If you do not have a double broiler, don’t worry! You can create the same effect by taking a medium saucepan, filling it up an inch or two with water, bring to a simmer, and place a heat proof bowl on top with the chocolate to gently melt.
Why Freeze The Banana Twice?
This is a huge trick to making these Banana Bites absolutely perfect.
By freezing the banana before going into the chocolate, it allows the chocolate to make an easily crackable texture and actually keeps the banana from becoming too hard when you bite into it.
If you freeze the banana only after covering it in chocolate, it will be way too hard and not give you the crunch we are looking for.
- 3-4 Bananas
- ½ cup Smuckers Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 bag of Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Sheet pan or large rectangular baking dish
- Parchment paper
- Double Broiler or Medium saucepan w/ a heat proof bowl
How to make Banana Bites
- Line a baking sheet or large baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut your banana into bite size pieces, place on a lined baking sheet or dish and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Once bananas are frozen, transfer peanut butter into a small bowl, and begin to melt the dark chocolate using a double broiler (stirring frequently).
- Once the chocolate is melted, take the banana piece and cover with peanut butter, immediately roll the banana in melted dark chocolate and place back onto a lined baking tray.
- Repeat this process until all banana pieces are covered in peanut butter and dark chocolate.
- Once bananas are finished, place the baking sheet back into the freezer until frozen.
- Serve on a tray or snack on this delicious treat throughout the day!