This hearty taco chili will warm you up on those cool fall and winter evenings!
- Difficulty: Easy
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time in Slow Cooker: 3-4 hours HIGH or 6-8 hours LOW
- Yields: 8 Servings
- 1 ½ lb Ground Beef
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning Mix (approx. 1 oz)
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with chiles, undrained
- 1 can Chili Beans in sauce (15-16 oz), undrained
- 1 can southwest corn with peppers (10.25 oz), drained
- 1 can Hominy (15.5 oz), drained
- 1 can mild Enchilada Sauce (10 oz)
- Non-Stick Fry Pan
- Crock Pot
-Preheat a large, non-stick saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
-Place beef in the pan and brown for 5-7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat.
-Stir in taco seasoning
-Combine remaining ingredients in a slow cooker, stir in meat.
-Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours, or LOW 6-8 hours
-Serve and enjoy!
-For a lower fat option, substitute Ground Beef for Ground Turkey
–Garnish ideas: Tortilla Strips, hot sauce, shredded cheese, sour cream
-For a little extra kick, try hot enchilada sauce and Fresh Jalapeños
-If you don;’t have time to slow cook, try placing ingredients into Large Stockpot and simmering on stovetop for 20-25 minutes